What is Walking Shoes?
Walking shoes are durable and practical shoes used for regular walking. They come in different shapes, sizes and colours, and are crafted to provide the wearer maximum comfort and protection.
Elderly senior when they age, their mobility lessen and their feet is not able to function properly. Old man and woman need to rely on other parts of the body provide support for the body. And when this happens, it causes pain to their lower back, hips knees, ankles, heels, and other weight-bearing parts of the body. Constant pain in these parts of the body can lead to discomfort, weakness and further injury.
Walking shoes provide the protection and support that the feet need to move the body from place to place. With a good pair of walking shoes, elderly senior can walk properly, keeping their entire body well balanced and well aligned.
What to look for when Buying a Good Pair of Walking Shoes for Elderly Senior
Not all walking shoes are suitable for elderly senior. That is why when you need consider carefully to buy a good pair, you need to factor the following important factors:
- Comfort and fit: The feet should be able to move freely in the toe box. and the heel at the back must be just right and not too loose or too tight.
- Weight: Light weight shoe is most preferable for Elderly Senior so that it will be easier to lift and move the feet
- Size: The shoes size is important, as a improper sized shoes can cause difficulty in walking and maintaining balance, and if serious it may cause foot fractures and injury.
- Durability: The shoe must be durable and long lasting. This will give you cost-savings and need to be too worry about frequently replacing them.
- Friction: Good walking shoes should not be slippery with good soles. Slippery shoes can lead cause to Elderly Senior to fall down, which can lead to foot fractures and serious injuries.
Our walking shoes fulfills all these factors and is great for both old and young people. Check out our range our elderly senior shoes now.